Note: This is a repost as I am condensing all my sites.
Here’s my take on the second lesson. I am really learning what I do and don’t like – and that is a good thing.
What I liked:
- The background – I loved melding all those colors together
- The texture – I love the texture paste bricks made with a stencil – gonna steal that technique for sure
- Belle’s hair – Who knew I could manage highlights?
What I didn’t like:
- Beast – He just didn’t turn out as … beastly as I would have liked
- The rose – yeah, I am not good at those…yet
- The eyes – The instructor had a really cool looking technique, but I lack the patience to pull it off
My work doesn’t look anything like the instructor’s. She took a really long time layering and layering everything…and it looks FANTASTIC. I don’t have that kind of patience. I much prefer to slather everything down and complete the work. Maybe that will change in time as I get into the habit and finishing pieces…maybe it won’t.